Table of Contents
In several application you have seen that while downloading any file, images, videos, audios you will get a timer which takes the few seconds to do it’s downloading countdown. This is mainly you find at blog websites.
So inside this article we will see that How can we integrate a download file with timer count or we can say How to add timer on downloading page?
We will create a script which countdowns for 10 seconds and then automatically download the file.
Let’s get started.
Create a Simple HTML
Let’s say we have a page where download button is there. What we want ? When someone clicks on that download button, automatically the download process should be started after 10 seconds.
<button id="download-file" data-url="http://localhost/js/download.zip">Download Now</button>
Inside this piece of HTML code we have a button with an ID attribute download-file and having a URL http://localhost/js/download.zip. This is the url which will be triggered automatically after 10 seconds.
Next, we will have a on click event listener for the HTML button what we have created.
- On clicking button we are calling download_button_event function. This function is going to start the timer.
- download_timer() This one is the timer function which decrements the timer second and once it the remaining seconds will be 0 then automatically data-url will be triggered.
We hope this article helped you to learn about Download File with Timer in a very detailed way.
- Bootstrap Growl jQuery Notification Plugin
- SweetAlert2 jQuery Notification Plugin
- Toastr jQuery Notification Plugin
- Get Latitude and Longitude of Location Using jQuery
- How To Integrate CKEditor 4 in HTML And jQuery
- Add Loading Icon on Processing Ajax Request
- Window localStorage Property
- Add Remove Input Fields Dynamically Using jQuery
- Download File with Timer Count
- Complete jQuery DataTable Tutorial