CodeIgniter 4 is the latest version of CodeIgniter a PHP framework. Entire function of CodeIgniter v4 including folder structure, work flow something, etc different from the legacy versions of CodeIgniter.
CodeIgniter v4 has designed with lots of new components including several features which gives a lovely smile to all CodeIgniter developers. If you get through the folder hierarchy of CodeIgniter then you must feel the difference of this new version.
Inside this article we will see the latest modules or working components of CodeIgniter 4 which makes it more powerful and handy as compared to existing versions.
Let’s get started.
Working Components of CodeIgniter v4
These are the components that make up CodeIgniter 4, and the purpose of each module:
- Core: Core abstractions (Controller, Model and Entity), as well as bootstrap
- API: Convenient request handling
- Autoloader: PS4-compliant class loader, also with classmap and legacy folder support
- CLI (Spark): Command-line interface & tools
- Cache: Caching system, with handlers for popular cache stores
- Commands: Command-line tools, including migrations
- Config: CI configuration
- Database: Relational database abstractions, with handlers for MySQL & Postgres
- Debug: Applications debugging aids
- Email: Email support
- Events: Event handling
- Encryption: simple symmetric encryption
- Exceptions: Named exceptions to help debugging
- Files: Enhanced file system support
- Filters: Request/response filter management
- Format: Response formatting adaptor
- HTTP: Key request & response handling
- Helpers: Legacy-style functions
- Honeypot: Filter tool for bots
- I18n: Internationalization, date & time support
- Images: Image handling
- Language: Localization, with multi-language support
- Log: PSR-3 compatible logging
- Pager: Pagination
- Router: Touting & route collections
- RESTful: Controllers to use as starting point for RESTful endpoints
- Security: CSRF filter
- Session: Enhanced session handling
- Test: Framework or app testing support
- ThirdParty: Bundled modules so you don’t need to use composer
- Throttle: Throughput throttling filter
- Typography: Fancy formatting
- Validation: Form validation
- View: Presentation tools, including parser and view cells
These are the key working components of CodeIgniter v4. These features make it’s working more powerful and efficient as compared to legacy versions.
We hope this article helped you to learn about Working Components of CodeIgniter 4 Tutorial in a very detailed way.
Online Web Tutor invites you to try Skillshike! Learn CakePHP, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Node Js, MySQL, Authentication, RESTful Web Services, etc into a depth level. Master the Coding Skills to Become an Expert in PHP Web Development. So, Search your favourite course and enroll now.